AUTHOR BOOK SIGNING
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14TH
10 AM – 1 PM
Author Harv Boal will read selections from his fiction, nonfiction, and poetry books
At 10:30 AM and 11:30 AM.
Book Signing to follow.
Copies will be available for purchase.
All Proceeds Benefit the Cochranton Area Public Library.
Comments Off on UPCOMING LOCAL AUTHOR EVENT @ THE LIBRARY
Here’s What’s Happening at Cochranton Area Public Library:
October 24th 4 – 8 PM at Meadville Moose Lodge 2505
Benefits Cochranton Area Public Library
$7.50 per person
FREE Essentials of Estate Planning & Retirement Income Planning Workshop
October 31st 12:30 – 2:30 PM at Cochranton Library
To Register, call 814-746-3168 or visit www.myafea.org/chapters/eriepa
FREE Resume Workshop
November 2nd 3-4 PM at Cochranton Library
Limited to 4
To Register, call 425-3996 or stop by the Library
Used Book Sale
November 20th and 21st 9-6 at Cochranton Library
Library Dedication and Open House
December 5th at the Library
*stay tuned for more information about the Used Book Sale and the Library Dedication and Open House
Comments Off on UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE NEW COCHRANTON LIBRARY
The New Cochranton Area Public Library is Open!
Stop by and see the beautiful new building.
We are open:
Monday 3 PM – 7 PM
Tuesday 9 AM – 5 PM
Wednesday 3 PM – 7 PM
Thursday 9 AM – 5 PM
Friday 9 AM – 2 PM
Saturday 9 AM – 4 PM
Comments Off on WE ARE OPEN!
We will be closed Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday, September 3 to 7 and hope to reopen Tuesday September 8th in the NEW LIBRARY.
Thank You for Your Patience!
Comments Off on FINALLY! WE’RE MOVING IN!
The Last Lunch in the School Cafeteria has been scheduled for August 15th from 11 AM to 2 PM. The menu will be macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, sloppy joes, apple crisp, milk and water, and, BLACK OLIVES!!!! Take one last look at the old library / school cafeteria before it is demolished. The price is a donation to the library’s New Building Fund.
Comments Off on Last Lunch in the School Cafeteria
We are within a month (I hope) of moving to our new building so it’s time to talk about transition issues.
1. We are NOT accepting donations of any materials at this time (we will take your cash!) so don’t bring us books, CD’s, etc.
2. We are giving away FREE the following: donated books, puzzles, audiobooks, VCR tapes, vintage computer and music CDs, and miscellaneous junk. All this stuff is located at our main entrance on book carts. Help us out and take as much as you want. It will go in the trash on July 21st.
3. We are NOT having one last lunch in the school cafeteria on July 25th. We hope to have it at a later date, just not that particular day.
4. Expect disruptions of service over the next 2 months. We will close for up to a week to move our 10,000 item collection, supplies, files, furniture, etc. We may close for a day or 2 during demolition of the old building and for a day or 2 during pavement of the parking lot. We will try to get the word out as soon as possible for all closings. Keep an eye on this page.
5. During this time, you will NOT be fined for overdues. We will try to keep our book return accessible and empty.
If you have concerns, talk to Nadena. We aim to please and may be able to work something out due to particular circumstances.
A big shout out to all the volunteers who are begging us to help with the move and to David Miller and Miller’s Country Store on 285 which will provide lunch for those volunteers on moving day.
Comments Off on MOVING ISSUES
ARE YOU READY FOR SUMMER READING AT COCHRANTON AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY?
Sign Ups begin Monday, June 8th. Stop by the library!
Join us on Saturday, June 13th from 10 AM – Noon for our Summer Reading Kick Off with special guest Grannie’s Ark, a traveling petting zoo from Waterford, PA. Everyone is welcome to this FREE COMMUNITY EVENT. We will have a Summer Reading Sign Up table, too.
Can’t wait to see you this summer and share some great books with you!
For more information, call us at 814-425-3996.
Comments Off on “HEROES IN OUR COMMUNITY” SUMMER READING PROGRAM
Friday, May 15th
and Saturday, May 16th
from 9 am until 2 pm.
Comments Off on USED BOOK AND PLANT SALE
Comments Off on 2015 CAPL BENEFIT AUCTION ITEMS
You’re invited to come to our annual Dr. Seuss Celebration!
DR. SEUSS CARNIVAL
Saturday, March 7th from 10 AM until 2 PM
Play games – Make a silly hat – Win Prizes – Enjoy a snack
ALL ARE WELCOME, but geared for Preschool – 2nd grade
READ DR. SEUSS ALOUD WITH A CANINE VOLUNTEER FROM THE TALES THAT WAG PROGRAM FROM 11 AM UNTIL NOON.
Beloved teacher, Mrs. Barb McCartney will also be on hand to share Dr. Seuss stories.
Bring a friend!
Questions? Call 814-524-3996.
Comments Off on Dr. Seuss Carnival