We are within a month (I hope) of moving to our new building so it’s time to talk about transition issues.
1. We are NOT accepting donations of any materials at this time (we will take your cash!) so don’t bring us books, CD’s, etc.
2. We are giving away FREE the following: donated books, puzzles, audiobooks, VCR tapes, vintage computer and music CDs, and miscellaneous junk. All this stuff is located at our main entrance on book carts. Help us out and take as much as you want. It will go in the trash on July 21st.
3. We are NOT having one last lunch in the school cafeteria on July 25th. We hope to have it at a later date, just not that particular day.
4. Expect disruptions of service over the next 2 months. We will close for up to a week to move our 10,000 item collection, supplies, files, furniture, etc. We may close for a day or 2 during demolition of the old building and for a day or 2 during pavement of the parking lot. We will try to get the word out as soon as possible for all closings. Keep an eye on this page.
5. During this time, you will NOT be fined for overdues. We will try to keep our book return accessible and empty.
If you have concerns, talk to Nadena. We aim to please and may be able to work something out due to particular circumstances.
A big shout out to all the volunteers who are begging us to help with the move and to David Miller and Miller’s Country Store on 285 which will provide lunch for those volunteers on moving day.
Comments Off on MOVING ISSUES
ARE YOU READY FOR SUMMER READING AT COCHRANTON AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY?
Sign Ups begin Monday, June 8th. Stop by the library!
Join us on Saturday, June 13th from 10 AM – Noon for our Summer Reading Kick Off with special guest Grannie’s Ark, a traveling petting zoo from Waterford, PA. Everyone is welcome to this FREE COMMUNITY EVENT. We will have a Summer Reading Sign Up table, too.
Can’t wait to see you this summer and share some great books with you!
For more information, call us at 814-425-3996.
Comments Off on “HEROES IN OUR COMMUNITY” SUMMER READING PROGRAM
Friday, May 15th
and Saturday, May 16th
from 9 am until 2 pm.
Comments Off on USED BOOK AND PLANT SALE
Comments Off on 2015 CAPL BENEFIT AUCTION ITEMS
You’re invited to come to our annual Dr. Seuss Celebration!
DR. SEUSS CARNIVAL
Saturday, March 7th from 10 AM until 2 PM
Play games – Make a silly hat – Win Prizes – Enjoy a snack
ALL ARE WELCOME, but geared for Preschool – 2nd grade
READ DR. SEUSS ALOUD WITH A CANINE VOLUNTEER FROM THE TALES THAT WAG PROGRAM FROM 11 AM UNTIL NOON.
Beloved teacher, Mrs. Barb McCartney will also be on hand to share Dr. Seuss stories.
Bring a friend!
Questions? Call 814-524-3996.
Comments Off on Dr. Seuss Carnival
We are officially under way with our new building project. You will now park in the Presbyterian lot and enter either the side entrance on that side or the handicapped ramp to the front porch door. The book drop has been moved in front of the porch of the new main entrance. Hours remain the same.
Comments Off on Under Construction
3rd Annual Holiday Open House
Saturday, December 6th
10 AM until 4 PM
Help Us Ring in the Holidays!
Sponsored by the Friends of the Library
Comments Off on HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE
Winter weather is headed our way………..
Are you stocked up with good books yet???????
CAPL USED BOOK SALE
Friday and Saturday, November 21st and 22nd, from 9 AM – 2 PM
Stop by to restock your book shelves with a great assortment of fiction, nonfiction, children’s, kid’s, and teen’s books along with puzzles, DVD’s, music CD’s, computer games, and more.
There will be BAKED GOODS AND HANDCRAFTED ITEMS, TOO!
All proceeds to benefit the Cochranton Library Building Fund.
Comments Off on NOVEMBER USED BOOK SALE
TO A FREE
FAMILY LITERACY EVENT
At Cochranton Area Public Library
5:30 PM – 7 PM
Preschool – Age 8
Children must be accompanied by an adult
For more Information: 814-425-3996
Comments Off on FAMILY LITERACY NIGHT AT COCHRANTON AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY